Thursday, June 7, 2012

In-The-Scope: Patamon

The fast rising DO of the WT division, Major Patamon, is the man taking the reigns of the troubled division's recovery. Though he has only held his offices and responsibilities for a short time, he has already made great strides in taking ownership of the division and guiding it back to stability. QuinoaAOC of TAW's OS division took a few minutes of his time to ask a few questions for the benefit of all TAW members.

Patamon, you recently became the DO of WT, a division currently without an official DC, with all the drama and upheaval in the division, how have you adapted to the situation to get the division back on the right path?

I knew at the start that I would need a plan for the short, medium and long term.
So short term I first wanted to see who was still with me in the division, and start building a new chain of command.
At the start I didn't want to put anything on the guys there, and just let them have fun. I took the responsibility of the all EU staff, with the help of my SO Himscar.
Then, medium/long term range plan the get the numbers up again and to start the sense of TAW community in the division.
I had to do it slowly but now things are starting to get back into shape, and the long plan is starting to warm up, but as with most long term plans the “now” can change them dramatically so I’ll keep them to myself. {insert evil grin}

What challenges do you face in restoring order to the division?

After the fallout, all we had were a handful of older members and new recruits.
With a lot of staff changing happening around then, I don't think most of them trusted the chain of command, and some may still have issues, but time will iron all the wrinkles out.
Also because of the low numbers we had very little activity on TeamSpeak, which made getting things together slightly turbulent at the start. But this is all in the past now, with WOT channels very seldom being devoid of people now.

WT seems to be a division that can roll with the punches, what is it about World of Tanks that keeps the division alive through the good times and the bad?

The community. If you will jump down to WOT channels and meet the guys, you will find a wonderful group of people that are so welcoming. The friendship and support for each other. this is the back bone of WOT.

Recruitment has surged in the short time since you took the DO position, what measures did you take to establish this trend?

First, I gave the guys a copy/paste recruitment announcement.
Then a post on the WOT forums, which we keep bumping.
Third we have started a recruitment competition. For the first member to get 12 new recruits gets a big shiny new tank. 

Enough about how you have worked to rebuild the division, tell us a little about yourself...

So about my self...
I'm 27 from a city near Tel Aviv, Israel.
I'm a First Sergeant in the 890 paratroops division in the IDF.
After I finished my duties, I went to medical school, and became a paramedic.
I volunteer in the Israeli Rescue Forces, and study civil awareness in disaster areas.(I know its weird)
I work as an operation manger for a big travel agency in Israel.
My best friend has four legs and is about 3 (or more, I don't know). A Caucasian wolf named Staff.
I spend most of my time between work and home, so usually you will find me on TS.

What is something TAW members might be surprised to learn about you?

I'm a vegan.
At the age on 8, I decided to stop eating meet.
And in the age of 16, I stooped eating milks and eggs.
I try to avoid violence as much as possible in my life.

Outside of TAW and gaming in general, what are some of your hobbies and interests? 

My filed of interest is emergency medical situations.
I study it a lot, and its something I’ve always been interested in.
Also I’m very active in animal shelters, and am very pro animal rights.

What brought you to join TAW?

I didn’t want to join a clan, but I played a lot on the TAW server on QW. Then I meet Feneor, and he convinced me to me try it.
The boot camp was done by the one and only, Hanarambi, and it took me an hour!
But it wasn’t long before I knew I’d found my place.

I've interviewed most of the TFO, but there are very few who can boast 11 medals in their first year with the clan. Which of these medals are you the most proud of?

I think the Leadership Award.
I step up as a PL after one month in TAW. And I remember at the start I’d go on the maps again and again and again, I’d send emails every which way looking for advice.
I suppose I like it because I put everything I had into it, and when I got the medal I knew I’d done it right.

We know the medal you are least proud of...3 gumps for scoring 22 TKs in one tournament. Sounds like there could be a funny story behind this one. Tell us your side of the story.

First, in my defense, everybody had a ton of TK’s on this match, but because 18 of them was on the DO, I was singled out! :-P
Just kidding. It was, in my opinion, one of the worst map’s we had in QW, Facility. Its very close quarters. though I still believe it a good idea to bring a rocket launcher inside....
And I don’t believe I have to clarify further. :D

Every Division has it's strengths and weaknesses, be it from the membership, the game itself, or the developers support of the game. What are the strongest, and weakest, characteristics of World of Tanks as a division and a game?

Our strength is the guys in the Division. As I said before we have a great atmosphere thats is always fun to stay around.
The weakest? That we are rebuilding and how it effects some people.
The game itself. The strongest is the team-play aspect, and the must have attitude. You can win and lose by team play (and a is-4 can help)
The weakness its the slow progress of grinding your tanks to high tiers, it my take a while until you can play the big tanks.

Any parting comments or things you would like to add about WT for other TAW members?

WOT is building itself quickly, and in a short time it will be big again.
We starting an in division tournament called Steelwars
So you all welcome to jump in to your tank, and fight with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment